April 17, 2021
I’ve heard it said that day 7 I should “turn a corner”,….not sure if I have actually done that, but I’d like to at least think that I have slid towards the corner and taken a peek! 😉
I started the day doing pretty well, and midmorning I realized that I definitely am sitting with a low grade temp, I believe the Tylenol is what keeps it down. Overall, I feel good like yesterday with a headache hovering. The chills aren’t too bad, and I’m sure the grey and gloomy day is of no help at all! 😕
I woke up a little hungry, so I ate breakfast again, had my coffee with collagen, and started right in with my water intake.💧 In case I haven’t mentioned it, I strive for a gallon and a half of water each day (with real lemon or lime juice in it) to flush out the toxins and hydrate. 🍋
I listened to several podcasts today, continued reading my book, and watched a “few” food videos. Okay, ‘maybe’ I watched a little more than a ‘few’…… 🙄 *I sure got a lot of good ideas! I love cooking and changing recipes to healthier versions. I can’t wait to be back in my kitchen! 🤗
Speaking of food, I do still have my taste and smell, which is a GREAT thing since some wonderful friends of ours brought over a meal for our family. We are so blessed in so many ways! I have people checking in on me (all of us) all day long. 💗
God teaches us to love our neighbor as ourselves, we have friends and family near and far that are doing just that; I am grateful and humbled. 💕🙌🏼
I also have many people asking me lots of questions, so I thought I’d try to answer the top ones here:
- What vaccine did you get? Answer: Moderna
- When did you get your second shot? Answer: February 24
- Do you know where you got it (the virus)? Answer: Not. A. Clue.
- Do you have underlying conditions? Answer: yes-I have Lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome and other autoimmune issues.
- What things are you doing to manage the symptoms? Answer: I take Tylenol for headaches, I drink a ton of water w/electrolytes to stay hydrated and flush out toxins, I get up and walk for 10-15 minutes every hour so things don’t settle in my lungs, I go outside when I can to get fresh air and sunshine, I use my Albuterol inhaler, and I take some supplements recommended to me by a trusted friend and physician that knows my personal medical history.
My isolation is set to end on Tuesday evening. 🙏🏽 As long as I don’t have symptoms on Wednesday morning, I should be able to walk out of my room freely and hug my family-please feel free to pray for me that my body complies with my plan! 🙏🏽
Keepin’ it real,