It’s that time again…..
The leaves have changed color, the air is cool and crisp, and I will get to see my college kiddos soon! J
Fall is my all-time FAVORITE season! Maybe it’s because I don’t really recall autumn breezes and scents like I have here in New England from my childhood. I tease and tell my friends that growing up in South Texas, we had 2 seasons, HOT and HOTTER! 😉
After marrying the man of my dreams and moving in to the beautiful mountains of New Hampshire, I’ve come to appreciate all the seasons have to offer. Yes, including the snow. Okay…..usually …. Okay ….. I try to.
I can’t lie,….the length of winter is what gets me. By March 1, I’m ready for spring planting, spring colors, and FLIP FLOPS!
Anyway, let’s live in this moment and enjoy today. 🙂
So, what are the things I love most about fall?
1) The smells. Mmmmm…..cinnamon, pumpkin bread, wood stoves burning, and apple cider.
2) The comfort foods. Warm and stick-to-your ribs kind of foods.
3) Shopping. I get so excited to shop for everyone I love! Four of our 8 children have fall birthdays, and then there’s Christmas with two more children’s birthdays to follow.
4) Snuggle time! Our family loves to gather around the fireplace on a cool evening and hang out together.
5) The spirit. People are generally pretty happy. Whether it’s because they didn’t like the summer heat or that they’re excited for the snow to come. And of course,….Thanksgiving is upon us!
My all-time-favorite holiday is Thanksgiving!
I love cooking! And I love cooking for LOTS of people!
If you read the calendar in my kitchen, you’ll see in BIG letters,…..”Full house=full heart”.
Now, cooking a feast like the one I’m preparing has it’s challenges.
Last year was our first year to have a gluten-free Thanksgiving.
This year, well, this year, will be gluten-free for sure, but it will be my first grain-free Thanksgiving!
Despite the fact that I will really have to work at making my Grandmother’s “famous” Dressing grain-free, I have a lot to be thankful for! Wait, what’s that? You don’t know what “dressing” is? Well, that’s what folks from the South (that’s me!) call “stuffing”. No offense to stuffing, or y’all from the North, but, I like dressing better. Besides, I’d like to think I’m “dressing” up my meal, not, “stuffing” my waist line. 😉
So, I’m off to work on my recipes!
I hope y’all haven’t forgotten about the bundle sale going on right now, it’s only available for a limited time! *If you don’t know what I’m talkin’ about,…..here ya go!
Keepin’ it real,