Woohoo! Today is day 7 of my Whole 30 challenge, and I’m goin’ strong!
I can’t lie, I’ve missed a few foods, but over all, really not a big deal. I think it’s more of the “I can’t have it right now, so I really want it” mentality.
I’m also chuggin’ right along on my 30-day squat challenge and today I did 75 squats…..whew! It’s hard to imagine that by the end of the 30 days, I’ll be up to 160 squats a day!
I have to admit, I know it’s only been a week, but I am noticing a few changes in my body.
I’ve noticed that my breakouts are clearing nicely and my rosacea is much more calm; my psoriasis is doing ‘something’, by that I mean, it’s not as bad but my skin feels very tight (not sure what that means, but I’ll be keeping tabs on that); my chest and waist are definitely changing too, my clothes are fitting differently (not like crazy weight loss, more like a little loss with redistribution); my cravings are changing; and lastly, I’m also sleeping really well and when I wake up, I feel very refreshed.
Have you joined me yet? You can jump in any time….. 😉
The biggest tip I can give you is, BE PREPARED!
When I’m not prepared, I just want to fill my face with anything that’s convenient, not good. So it’s really important to have the kitchen stocked with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, proteins that are easy to prepare or eat “as is” (like boiled shrimp), and keep avacados close by. *One of my favorite snacks has been half of an avacado with lime juice on it (one time I also added a tablespoon of fresh pico de gallo—YUM!) and 2 oz. of cooked chicken or turkey.
Since being prepared is my biggest tip, I thought I’d share my menu ideas to help you plan for the week. I hope you enjoy it and get some inspiration.
- 2 eggs with veggies sauteed in coconut oil, salt/pepper to taste
- Smoothie with one banana, a handful of blueberries, a handful of sliced strawberries and coconut water
- 1 banana and an apple with sun butter and an 1 oz. chicken/turkey
- Green salad with spinach, lettuce/mesculun, 4-6 oz. diced chicken/turkey or shrimp/beef, sliced almonds, ½ an avacado and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- “Sliced turkey wraps”—the vegetable of your choice (asparagus, red pepper, cucumber…) wrapped in a slice of turkey with some apple slices
- “Lettuce wraps” –same concept as above only I use romain lettuce as my ‘wrapper’
- Baked chicken with “rice” and roasted veggies (paleo rice is cauliflower “riced” in the food processor and sauteed in coconut oil—it is awesome!)
- Beef and broccoli stir fry (feel free to add in any extra veggies on hand)
- Roasted spaghetti squash with coconut oil topped with ground beef and salsa
- Salmon and roasted veggies with a side salad
- Half of an avacado with lime juice/salsa and 2 oz. chicken/turkey/boiled shrimp
- 1 banana with sunbutter
- 1 apple with almond butter
- Cucumber and red pepper slices with a splash of rice vinegar
I hope you’ve found some inspiration and encouragement today, and I hope you’ll continue this Whole 30 journey with me. If you’ve completed a Whole 30 before and would like to share some tips, I’d love to hear them!
Keepin’ it real,